Clinical trials help researchers make it possible to apply the latest scientific and technological advances to health care. Whether a clinical trial is being conducted to test a new drug, treatment, or device, the purpose is to find new and improved methods of treating, preventing, and diagnosing different diseases.
In order for researchers to test new technology, they must have people to participate in research studies. Of course, any new treatment is extensively tested and researched before humans are ever exposed to something new.
Those who participate in clinical studies are helping advance the future of medicine. Most clinical studies are paid, so you can give to the medical community and get rewarded with a nice payout, too.
How to Apply For a Clinical Study
The first step in applying for a study is to find one that you’re interested in applying to. Some studies require that you have a certain condition or illness, while others require healthy adults. You can visit clinicaltrials.gov to search for a research study near you that fits your criteria.
Once you have a study that you’re interested in, the next step is to reach out to the entity that’s running the study. Your next steps will look something like this:
- Screening: Once you get in contact about available studies, you’ll be asked a few screening questions to be sure you’re a match. If so, you’ll continue onto the next phase.
- Physical: Before being accepted into a clinical trial, you must have a physical assessment to verify the state of your heath. This is also the step where you can ask medical professionals any questions you may have about the trial, possible side effects and how it may affect you.
- Participation: If you pass the physical requirements of the trial and you’re satisfied with the conditions of the study, you’ll move on to the participation aspect which will look different for each unique study.
As you can see, applying for a clinical study is not difficult, but it does take some time to make sure that you’re a good fit for the trial and that you understand all that’s involved with your participation.
Benefits of Participating In a Clinical Study
There are so many wonderful benefits to participating in clinical trials. If you’re thinking of applying for a clinical study, consider these benefits:
- You get the unique opportunity to benefit from new and exciting research that may be more effective than traditional treatments.
- You’re helping to advance medicine and improve the lives of others.
- You’re getting access to some of the best, most innovative doctors available.
- You get paid to help find cures.
Want more information on how to apply for a clinical study near you? The team here at Miami Clinical Research has exciting new research studies available in the greater Miami area!